Followers

Sunday, 8 November 2015

Hello Out There....
      My final entry in the Staff Show was a concrete poem. I had meant to take a picture of it, as attempting to re-create it on a keyboard would be ridiculous... But I forgot. I was overtaken by a nasty cold that invaded my body in less than 6 hours. I woke up feeling fine, and by noon I wanted to crawl into my bed and hide... Soooooo I forgot to photograph it... and therefore had nothing to post on Friday. I will take a picture of it on Monday, and post it for you to see. I'll sneak in a few photos of my amazing school gallery as well. It's remarkable!
      As for today, I just finished writing a very emotional letter to my father. My parents are splitting up after 55 years of marriage. It's all a little too weird... and bringing up all sorts of dreck! Here is a little poem that was inspired by this letter writing process.

Did I tell you my parents are getting a divorce?
In June, just before my son's Bar Mitzvah it all hit the fan. It's
Virtually unbelievable considering the history between them.
Only since Dad started having seizures, a lot of things have changed.
Recently, he wrote me a birthday card and spelled my name wrong on the cheque. I
Couldn't help but feel offended, and so sad inside.
Eternally hoping, like a ten year old, that he'll come to his senses.

                                 Sally :(
  

No comments:

Post a Comment