Followers

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Condon Kudos

I read
The Twilight Saga
because I was
teaching
Grade 6.
There was a
Twilight frenzy,
and I was
curious to
understand what
my students were
devouring.
I took the books
out of the
Public Library
and
proceeded to read
over 1200 pages
in one weekend.
I was mesmerized
by the simplicity
of the story, and
by the intensity
of the
love.
I have since
read the series
three times through.
Once with my daughter,
and once
on another
weekend
when I was craving
the stark
emotional content.

I took my kids to
the movies
when they made
their appearance
in theatres.
I valued the fact
that each film was
an artistic
expression
by another director.
They were unique,
as the cinematic
interpretation
of a book
often is.

Today,
we went to see
Breaking Dawn Part II
and I was
impressed.
It seems ideal that
the series was
wrapped up by
Mr. Bill Condon.
The film was an
outstanding
representation
of the book.
It gave such closure
and completion
to the tale.
I LOVED IT!
Thank you
Stephanie Meyers
for your wild
and endearing story,
and thank you
to all those involved
in the film-making
phenomenon!
It has been a
truly satisfying
journey.

Sally
 




No comments:

Post a Comment