Johnny's Best
One of the best
gifts I received from
Tim Burton,
was the introduction
to the unfathomable
art of Johnny Depp.
From Edward Scissorhands,
to Sweeney Todd,
their work together
has created magic
beyond compare.
Although I have
been religiously
devoted to their
joint projects,
I have been drawn to
Johnny's brilliance
at other hands.
I believe that his
most undervalued,
under-appreciated,
under celebrated
performance is in,
The Libertine.
He so relentlessly
commits to the
story of
The Earl of Rochester,
that he awakens
the spirit
of John Wilmot,
and embodies
his libretto
with bone chilling
truth.
He guides
the audience into
a transcendence
in time, as they
allow themselves
to be engulfed
in the England
of the past.
Johnny is
remarkable in it.
Solid evidence
of his ability
to tell a story.
To repeatedly
conjure escapist
enchantment,
that is harmless,
yet entirely
satiating.
Thanks for sharing,
Tim!
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment