Transit Ballet
I witnessed a man, he was coming my way
zigzagging and two-stepping towards me today.
I was on a bus on my way to Vancouver
when I saw him get on and begin to maneuver.
He sashayed to the right, and turned to the left
spinning freely and committing blatant space theft.
His lean, silky arm cautiously reached up
between diaphanous fingers he gracefully cupped
The pole with the bell as he rang the next stop
and with professional precision off the bus he did hop.
When I looked up I noticed that others swayed too
as they waddled and groped and moved forward in twos.
They rocked elegantly and frequently stopped
in picturesque poses, positioned and propped.
Some looked like Nutcrackers, and others like Swans
While squinting, their bags looked like delicate wands.
Although unintentional, with little rehearsal
the dancers were forced into the performance circle.
As it appears that all the bus passengers each day
are spontaneous participants in the Transit Ballet.
Sally
I witnessed a man, he was coming my way
zigzagging and two-stepping towards me today.
I was on a bus on my way to Vancouver
when I saw him get on and begin to maneuver.
He sashayed to the right, and turned to the left
spinning freely and committing blatant space theft.
His lean, silky arm cautiously reached up
between diaphanous fingers he gracefully cupped
The pole with the bell as he rang the next stop
and with professional precision off the bus he did hop.
When I looked up I noticed that others swayed too
as they waddled and groped and moved forward in twos.
They rocked elegantly and frequently stopped
in picturesque poses, positioned and propped.
Some looked like Nutcrackers, and others like Swans
While squinting, their bags looked like delicate wands.
Although unintentional, with little rehearsal
the dancers were forced into the performance circle.
As it appears that all the bus passengers each day
are spontaneous participants in the Transit Ballet.
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment