Followers

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Runners Up

Hola Followers, Friends & Family...
        It has been brought to my attention that the Top Ten List failed to recognize a few deserving poems. I am flattered beyond belief that you found 10 poems to celebrate. The fact that there are more is humbling. I will proceed to re-post any poems that you feel were neglected.
        Also, I have been asked if having reached my goal, I intend to continue posting new poems on a regular basis. I do. Posting daily was a part of an experiment in rehab. I truly believe that every human has a passion within, that can be the anchor for healthy living and happiness. It could be soccer, or scrap-booking, or hiking, or tending to animals. It's the go to activity that helps to maintain balance, and perspective, so that all of life's curve balls are absorbed and overcome, without being overwhelmed by the trials. For me it's the act of writing poetry that allows me, for the minutes I'm doing so, to feel in control. It's an act that is entirely selfish, and leaves me feeling like I've made a positive contribution to literary endeavours. It was a serious commitment to write every day, but the discipline itself acted as a rehabilitative tool, providing me with a consistent release for emotion. The result was life-changing. It inspired me to quit my job when my poetry reflected the great dissatisfaction, and irrepressible stress I was feeling. The poetry clarified the root of the problem, which I was able to address and resolve, immediately enjoying the benefits of the improvement.
       I will never stop writing poetry. I hope that you will continue to read my work. But more importantly, I hope that if you have a weight that you carry in life, you might consider finding YOUR anchor and using it to pull you back to the surface.

                                                         Wishing you the very BEST,

                                                                           Sally


First Runner Up... First posted on October 30th, 2012.

Calm Storm

Serene
Contented
Majestically displaying
her meritorious distinction.
Honorable
Admirable
A true vision
of composure.
Calmness
Wisdom
A whisper
of rhythm
in Nature.

CRASH
ECHO
THUNDER
ROAR
Out of nowhere
like a
ruptured furnace,
a tumultuous
vortex of
hellishness,
SHE hits!
The MAELSTROM.
Divine mayhem
edging the calm
to the brink of
bedlam.

The force of
unending vexation,
channelling the energy
of Sandy,
she lays waste
to her nest
seemingly venting
after a hard
day at work.

Sally

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment