Followers

Saturday, 25 August 2012


Happy Birthday Tim

When I mentioned it was
your birthday,
my husband and I got to talking,
in the kitchen,
as we often do on a
Saturday afternoon.
It came to my attention that he
has never seen
“The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
HE HAS NEVER SEEN “THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!”
My partner of 20 years
has never seen
one of the greatest
films EVER made!

You see,
this surprises me because
my husband 
is an outstanding 
musician.
I know he has a
genuine admiration for
Danny Elfman
(we are children
of the 80’s and could
appreciate the talent of
Oingo Boingo…),
but more importantly,
when my husband conducted
piano lessons in the 90’s,
he was known as the
cool teacher
who taught his students the
theme song
from
“The Simpson’s”
during the first lesson.
He appreciates
Danny Elfman,
but he has never heard him
as Jack Skellington!
I know it will
blow his mind!
And I am so
excited to witness it.
To behold someone 
spellbound
by your magic
for the first time.

Thank You
Tim Burton,
for creating this opportunity.
Happy Birthday!
May you live
many more years,
with multifarious
masterpieces
to come.

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment