Good Evening,
Tonight is the last night of my vacation. Tomorrow I go back into the classroom to teach Grade 7 Humanities. I have always found poetry to be cathartic, and a good way for me to organize complex thoughts and feelings. With Poetic Rehab, I tried to share the concept of using poetry writing as rehabilitation. I wrote every day for almost two months. It was fantastic! The process imposed structure in my day, as well as my mind. It impacted the way I reflected on my experiences. I had my eyes open for inspiration and ideas, and found myself constantly dancing with language. The experience contributed to one of the most enjoyable summer vacations in years. Thank you for reading. I will continue to post as often as I can, and truly encourage you to try a little Poetic Rehab!
Like a Kid
My backpack is packed
I've selected my outfit
I'm ready to go
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment