Followers

Wednesday, 12 September 2012


Where I am From

I am from Yaakov and Yael,
from toothpicks and falafel.
I am from, “No choosing!”
and “Go put your pajama!”
I am from
Sabbath candles, and
the waft of home-made challah bread.

I am from skeletons and instruments,
from coffee makers and movies.
I am from kitty cats, Family Portraits,
and fragrant herbs winding up the porch.
I am from Oak Street,
and Canada,
whose vibrant images flash
in my photo album.

I’m from SFU, theatre school
and rolling around on
Swedish hardwood floors.
I am from “Waiting for Godot”,
a hairy leg metamorphosis  for “The Lover”,
and Christos receiving my
“Loud and resounding voices.”

I am made up of Desmond, Aeden and Liam,
and the infamous Mommy Brigade…
I reek of Harry Potter audio books and
hot chocolate at midnight.
I am from cuddles by the fire,
Thanksgiving, and
Family Game Night.
I am the evolution of a nation
and the mixed up
puzzle pieces of a
Broadway musical.

I am where I am from,
and where I am from
consumes me.

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment