Glimpse
There are
a few
very brief
moments,
every now
and then,
when the
facade
comes
crashing
down,
and I
stay away
from
bridges.
It is
during
these moments,
that the
pendulum
completely
swings
the other
way,
and comes
pummelling
through
the carefully
arranged
display case.
In the seconds
that I watch
the pieces
shatter to
the ground,
I allow myself
to feel.
For an
immeasurable
amount of
time
my guard
is dropped,
and I
succumb
to the
indescribable
wave of
truth
that
envelopes
me like
shrink wrap.
Like the
air released
from a
balloon,
the emotion
spills out
of me,
and I
remember
all that
lies beneath
the surface,
AND I FEEL.
Alone
Unloved
Used
Re-used
Ineffective
Insufficient
Hideous
Useless
Pathetic
Discarded and
Lost.
Then,
with
equally
unmeasurable
swiftness,
the curtains
re-open
with the
perfect
facade
back in
place,
and the
show
goes on...
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment