Followers

Sunday, 12 August 2012

WOW!
     I am entirely surprised and thrilled to discover that 600 people have viewed my blog. Who are you??? If you view on a regular and consistent basis, please feel free to become a follower of the blog. That would make me feel very special. Also, please comment! I'd love to know whether the commentary is working for you, or if you would prefer that I just shush, and stick to the poems. Would you like me to provide a regular description of each poetic form, or again, just stick to the poetry? There have been over 100 views from Russia. RUSSIA!!!!! That's amazing! I'd love to know who you are... and thank you so very much for reading my writing!
     Here is a Tanka. This form was originally used in the rituals of Japanese courting. It's like a Haiku, but with two more lines of 7 syllables.

The Morning After

The sun is shining.
The heat is wafting inside
where it's frigid and
solemn with the remnants of
the angry words that we shared.

Sally

1 comment:

  1. Btw, your writing is excellent. A delight. And your commentary is really working for me.
    The poems make every word a gem. The commentary elevates it like an honourable introduction. It tells us how you're doin'.
    I'd never heard of a Tanka before. Now I know! Seems terribly handy like when a Haiku just won't do.

    ReplyDelete