Let's Stay Not Friends
I turned to you in need,
and you ignored me.
I asked for more time,
and you said No!
So I exploded.
That was the next
logical step.
BOOM!
And you're
surprised?
After over two years
of devoted,
passionate, effort,
you write me off
in the blink of an eye?
You berate me like
a preschooler
caught with her
hand in her pants.
No Worse!
Caught with her hand in
someone else's pants!
Shaking your head in
disappointment.
Reminding me of the
expectations like I'm the
new kid on the block,
when you know full well
that obligation
pumps through my veins,
my agenda is articulate, and
my responsibilities clear.
You two-faced me.
You tricked me into
letting my guard down.
I thought we were friends?
Lesson learned.
I will not be caught
with my knickers down,
again.
We'll just continue to bow
to the hierarchy facade.
I can play this game too.
"Good Day Mam!"
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment