Old School
Am I nuts?
Don't answer that!
It was meant to be rhetorical.
If I really thought myself
to be crazy,
I wouldn't be flaunting
it in a poem.
The point is...
Today,
I received a donation
of 500 National Geographic
magazines ranging from
1920-2012.
Somehow,
I couldn't say NO!
I had no plan for where to put them
exactly.
I just knew that if I put
them in my classroom,
kids would read them!
So I said YES!
Our security guard
looked at me,
then at the pile of boxes
holding hundreds of magazines
and said,
"Couldn't you just get these
all on a disc?"
I probably could have,
but it's not the same.
I pilled them up
in chronological order
on a bookcase I built
in the hall.
It teetered like
Christopher Lee
trying to withstand an
earthquake.
I don't think that
will prove to be my
biggest problem though!
I think that most of my effort
will be made
trying to get the kids
to STOP reading them
when it's time to
get back to work!
That's a pretty good
problem to have!
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment