Followers

Saturday, 6 October 2012

                      McGillivray Falls

I'd never heard of it until I met Christopher,
childhood memories, father building, logs to bring over...

He spoke of it with a whimsical, glitter in his eyes,
campfires, hiking, fishing and pies...

Chris lead me most gallantly on our first trip,
log cabin, old growth forest, and rocks to skip...

When I saw it I was overcome with surprise,
waterfall, nature lurking, animal cries...

I knew it was the right place for us to get married,
noon train arrival,  pagodas and cherries...

We rowed into the lake with our 'Just Married' sign,
double rainbow, wasp traps, and songs in 4/4 time...

Each of our children were brought into the folds,
playpens, and bottles and Snugglies to tote...

We raised them craving and loving the place,
Grandma and Grandpa and bright stars in space...

Now we go up as often as we can,
Board games, cards and Bluegrass Bands...

We're up and out by 7:00, driving on the road,
Gravol, audio books, big truck carrying our load...

Arriving at noon at Anderson Lake.
Pemberton, Mount Currie and D'Arcy to wait...

For Grandpa to arrive in his boat with life jackets,
wet dogs on the dock, kids making a racket...

The adventure continues with a ride on the water,
splashes, gas runs, Safety Patrol Officer...

Then you can see it, Second Beach, and you wave,
Barkleys, Evans, Catchpoles and Dave...

When you glimpse The Falls, majestic distractor,
Rubbermaid containers, row boats, and tractors...

You know you've arrived in the 'Heavenly Country'
appetizers, volleyball and The Bridge Tourney...

To appreciate life's treasures at McGillivray Falls Retreat,
just be prepared to relax, and put up your feet!

Sally





No comments:

Post a Comment