Never Disappointed!
I woke up with an
electrical excitement
reverberating through
my bones.
I got right to my chores.
There were meals to plan,
shopping lists to create,
groceries to buy,
sheets to wash, and
potato leek soup to make.
I diligently dealt with demands.
I planned,
and washed,
and cooked.
I looked up the local
listings.
I confirmed that I had
to be done by 4:30,
to make my brilliant
plan work.
At 4:15, I washed
the last dishes,
and poured the soup
into the Crock Pot.
When I slipped the
last of the laundry
in to dry,
I knew I had
made my time.
We hopped into the car.
We drove to Silvercity.
We sat in the
centre, centre seat.
(Liam has done the Math
and figured out which seats
actually place us dead centre)
With popcorn in hand,
water and Cosmic Brownies
hidden in my backpack,
we saw it.
We saw Tim Burton's
Frankenweenie.
I laughed,
I nearly cried.
We screamed,
and smiled
until it hurt.
It was AMAZING!
The movie,
the anticipatory day...
I'm never disappointed!
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment