Spirit of the West
I asked a question
in class the other day,
"Who has influenced you
in becoming who you are?"
In response to the
puzzled faces before me,
I gave them my own
examples to start.
My parents, my brother,
my sweet aunts and uncles,
and Spirit of the West, I said.
The band, their lyrics,
and their social politics,
put my entire existence
to the test.
They opened my eyes
to the world
I was craving.
To people, and
the need to be free.
To the power of speech,
and the magic of music.
Their infectious, ardor
invaded me.
As I spoke these words,
I swiftly recognized
what a great impact
they had.
So Thank You
John Mann and Geoff Kelly,
and other great members
of your band.
My students caught on
and understood the strength,
of influence in our lives.
They spoke of Lady Gaga,
and the great J.K Rowling,
who are bringing up
kids in these times.
May our role models
be blessed,
and their brilliance continue
to spark and ignite our youth.
As there is no
greater power
than music and voices,
to lead young generations
to truth.
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment