Followers

Sunday, 17 March 2013

      Good Old Girls

We met when we were 17.
She dated my best friend
when we discovered that
we were neighbors.
We stayed friends
even when she and
my buddy split up.
We have kids close
in age and when
she turned 40,
I took her out
for a fancy lunch.
We had planned to get
together for my
40th...
But you know
how it is sometimes.
While chatting on FB
a few months ago,
she told me that
one of my
favorite bands 
was playing
in town.
Should we go
for your 40th??? 
She asked.
I'm 43...
But it's never too late.
Spirit of the West
at the Commodore
on St. Patrick's Day Eve.
It was magical!
We ate and drank
and danced like
20 year olds.
Although we started
off at the back,
people sympathized
with my shortness.
Before I knew it
I was watching
John Mann sweat!
What a night!
Thanks Nadia.
Albeit 3 years late,
it was my best 40th
birthday party
ever!
Let's do it again
before we turn
50!!!

Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment