Followers

Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Good Evening. Here is my attempt at a Shakespearean Sonnet. Forgive me, as I am a sonnet virgin! It was still a fun challenge to undertake.

The Story of 3 x Sallis


My name at birth was not Sally, you see.
It started years ago when taking a class.
My friends Kristina, Niki B and me,
worked on a scene from "When Harry Met Sally" to pass.

As we worked on our scene of great passion,
our thoughts did fuse and merge into one mind.
Instead of saying the name of the film in full fashion,
Our shortened version of "Harrys and Sallis" was fine.

It stuck the way fun names like this can do.
The scene was done but still the game remained.
All three of us became "Sallis" it's true.
A new nickname is what we all did gain.

Years have flown, to "Sally" I've revolved,
and "Sallis" and "Aunty Sallis" have with me evolved.

Sally

3 comments:

  1. I love it Sallis! Say hi to auntie Sallis and your Sallis young'uns
    Love,
    Sallis

    ReplyDelete
  2. sallis loves it too!
    such good times.
    sally sally sally sally
    oops sally, oops, sally.
    sally sally sally sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did it! and 14 lines. I couldn't help but count.

    ReplyDelete