Shalom!
I just watched the film "Julie & Julia" (again) and have concluded that I am a terrible blogger.
365 days/500+ recipes...
Could I write that many poems? Not even if my life depended on it. If my childrens' lives depended on it??? Although I am the first to admit that I know very little, I am cognizant of the fact that I would do ANYTHING for my kids ( I say/type this as I pass my bowl of deliciously crisped hash browns over to my youngest son. Twenty-five minutes standing at the stove attempting to ensure perfection... only to pass it on... not without subduing a drool... to the adoringly, desirous face of my offspring. One of the only living beings that has me wound tighter than a six dollar watch!) Let's hope that I am never put to the test.
Having said all that, one of the other living beings (other than my three children) that has me wrapped around his... finger... is my husband. It never ceases to astound me what one goes through/experiences in a 20 year relationship, and yet... in the deepest, hardly describable way, I am smitten! Here is a poem I wrote for him on Valentine's Day 2012.
CT
There's a constant
like a ticking
like a knocking on the door.
It's consistent
everlasting
like a drumming on the floor.
Without it things seem
silent
like a toy missing a
part.
It's the deep, relentless hold you have
on my beating heart!
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment