Followers

Friday, 20 July 2012

Today is my un-aunt's 65th birthday. Happy Birthday Aunty Norma!

Aunty Norma

Norma Jeane
Norma Rae
Norma Paz- all you three
What a powerhouse of women
you appear to be.

I'm not sure if your namesakes have made you as such,
that you glow with a radiance of other Normas.
But to me you are precious and always have been
my great Aunty Norma, a pillar, a queen.

My earliest memories go back to the day
when you tried to take pictures of me and I say,
I fought and I wiggled and struggled with might
little did you know it was the Drama that brought me delight.

When I acted on this, and committed to the Theatre
you were my biggest fan, my supporter, my leader.
You came to each show, no matter how small,
you came to see me at my job at the mall.

Norma Desmond
Norma Harrold
Norma Paz- all you three
What a powerhouse of women
you appear to be.

When I graduated from university you insisted to get
me a gift, a memento, so I wouldn't forget
your support and admiration for my achievement.
You bought me a book that I cherish and lead with.

When I look back I'm filled with images of you
at every event from my wedding to the Bris of two
of my children and all of their photos
in frames that you bought them engraved with their info.

You were the first to reveal the truth about sex,
and have been there all along as I figured out the rest.
I thank you sweet Aunty for all that you've done,
and I wish you the best on this path you've begun
to your silver years, may your health be everlasting
and may your 65th birthday be no less than FANTASTIC!

Norma Talmadge
Norma Miller
Norma Paz- all you three
What a powerhouse of women
you appear to be.

Sally





1 comment: