Followers

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Alien Specimen

I Love
Ellen Degeneres!
She makes me
feel hopeful
about the
direction of
humankind.
I recently spent
a whole evening
catching up on
Ellen's best
moments.
Not only did
my face hurt
from laughing
and smiling
like a lunatic,
my admiration
erupted
for the
woman whose
kindness, compassion,
wit and gumption,
remain
unparalleled.

As the
culmination
of a
novel study
that celebrated
a character who
spoke out
for the sake of
improving humanity,
I had my students
research and
write about a
Freedom Fighter
in history.
One student
chose Ellen,
and I could not
agree more.

Thank you for
reminding us
that we are
all equal.
Thank you for
being a leader
in laughter
and love therapy.
Thank you for
celebrating
talent and
determination.

If an alien
came to Earth
and asked to
meet
the human
that best
represented the
'ideal snapshot'
of the
human race,
I'd introduce it
to Ellen.
For she best
epitomizes
all that we are
capable of!

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment