Followers

Sunday, 26 May 2013

       "Big Eyes"

I read it in the paper,
I saw with my own eyes.
Tim Burton is coming to Vancouver,
at the beginning of July.

The man's my muse, my hero,
like him I'd like to be.
Creating marvelous stories,
for everyone to see.

I cannot be too pushy,
I wont be in his face.
But I'm dead set on meeting him,
regardless of the place.

I'll have to practice stalking,
in a respectful way.
All I want is just one chance
to say "Tim Burton, Hey!

I love your films and pictures,
to this day I have yet,
to find someone as luminous
as you sir, on set.

Your stories make me feel things,
connect and link my thoughts.
Your works inspires creation,
and gets me making lots.

I do not need an autograph,
that's meaningless to me.
I wanted you to know up front,
all that in you I see."

That is what I'd say,
if I felt that I could burden.
If I ever really had the guts
to converse, with Tim Burton.

Instead I write a poem,
and hope he'll someday hear.
The breadth with which I love his work,
how much I hold him dear.

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment