Followers

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Disturbing Thoughts

        Nuts?

I am 43 years old,
married,
and the mother of
three children.
I am responsible,
organized,
and take my respect
for humanity,
and the environment
very seriously.
However,
with Tim Burton
in town,
I have found myself
incessantly wondering
about him.
On Canada day
I speculated whether
he could hear the fireworks.
I questioned whether he
was enjoying the heat,
or found it suffocating.
As I blared Manu Chao
on my way to visit
KC and Kaya,
I pondered his
appreciation
for Latin music.
His close proximity
has infected my
ability to think straight,
and yet,
my fear of encounter
has engirdled me with
a paralysis,
preventing me from
reaching out.
I think this strange,
for someone normally
so balanced.
What is it about
this man
that has my
knickers so knotted?
He is my
muse.
I am hungry
for his inspiration,
yet terrified to
disappoint.
Deep breaths
Sally,
deep breaths!

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment