With Grief
To think
that just yesterday
I was recalling
James Gandolfini.
Saddened,
and still in awe
of the loss of him.
Celebrating and
enjoying
his contributions
by re-watching
his work.
I sympathized with
his wife,
and his
children.
His 9 month old
daughter
will only
have his work
to remember him by.
Then in bed last night,
while watching
The Sopranos,
I heard my daughter
SHREIK!
Cory Montieth is dead.
At the time,
there was no
doubt in my mind
that it was a hoax.
It couldn't be,
I told myself.
But it could,
and it did.
I had a flashback
to my early 20's
when River Phoenix
died.
I know these
things happen
all the time.
Everyday,
to everyone,
everywhere.
People die.
Of heart attacks,
drug overdoses,
car accidents...
But something happens
with those who reside
in the public eye.
Those whose
characters we've grown
to love,
to develop an
attachment to.
It feels as though
a whole room full
of people have gone
as their multiple faces
go with them.
Thankfully,
their imprint remains
in the performance
anthology
they've left behind.
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment