Remembering Your Lips
Sometimes
when I'm at the cabin,
I get busy doing
my thing.
Then I look up.
I am instantly reminded
of my incredible
surroundings,
and I stop,
and take them in.
The mountains,
the trees,
the lake,
the falls.
Sometimes when I
think too much
I forget the simplest
things like,
my pin number
my postal code
which foot to put on the gas.
When I stop,
and just let my body
do the thinking,
it all falls back
into place.
Yesterday
I kissed you.
Then I kissed you again.
There was nothing
automatic about it.
Having fallen into
a rhythm
of the
automatic peck,
I was awakened,
reminded.
Completely in the
moment I,
felt your lips
on mine
for the first time
in ages.
I kissed you
again and again,
feeling your lips
curving, slipping.
I had forgotten how
plump and juicy
they are.
I felt 23 again.
Thank goodness
for the moments
when we
remember
what we've
forgotten.
Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment